A number of key individuals are responsible for oversight of the Wales Cancer Bank and its day to day running.
- Professor Malcolm Mason is the Director of the Wales Cancer Bank. He is a Cancer Research Wales Professor of Clinical Oncology and an Honorary Consultant Clinical Oncologist with Velindre NHS Trust. He has served on, or Chaired a number of UK research committees, notably for the Medical Research Council and CRUK. He is the Director of Cardiff University's Institute of Cancer and Genetics.
- Professor John Chester is the Deputy Director of WCB and is the CRUK Professor of Medical Oncology in Cardiff University. He joined Cardiff University in September 2011 from Leeds where he has built a reputation in clinical trials and translational research, and will be developing a programme of research into experimental therapies for head and neck and other types of cancer here in Cardiff.
- Professor Gerry Thomas Professor of Molecular Pathology at Imperial College, London is the Director of Scientific Services for the project and is a serial tissue banker. She is Director of both the Chernobyl Tissue Bank and the Imperial College Healthcare Tissue Bank. She sits on a number of Scientific Advisory Boards for Biobanking initiatives in Europe. Her main research interests are in the molecular biology of thyroid cancer and breast cancer.
- Dr Alison Parry-Jones is the WCB Manager who is responsible for the day to day administration of the WCB. She is based in Cardiff, has extensive project management experience in academia and is a PRINCE2 registered practitioner. Her background is in analytical chemistry and before moving into project management she worked in bioanalytical laboratories specialising in phase I and II clinical research. She has recently gained an MA in Medical Ethics and Law.
- Mr Daniel Naeh is the IT Manager for the Wales Cancer Bank. He is responsible for establishing and maintaining the databases for the project and is working closely with NHS IT staff based at the WCB sites. He is an MSc graduate in Computing with 16 years UK and international experience in large institutions and software houses. He previously worked as an IT consultant and project manager specialising in the development of banking applications such as asset management, securities and futures trading systems.